The Rotary Club of Ryde was very proud to have received the Norm Roach Memorial Shield for Best Website in the Rotary District of 9680 for 2010–11.
The district awards were held recently, with Ryde Rotary President, Allen Horrell collecting the award on behalf of the Club. It was a big night for Ryde, as the Club scooped 5 district awards all up. President Allen kept the secret of all the awards until the Club’s changeover dinner.
Ryde Rotary PR Director, Stefan Sojka was pleasantly surprised to be the subject of one of President Allen’s presentations of a Certificate and the Norm Roach Perpetual Trophy.
The Norm Roach Best Website Award is chosen on the following criteria:
- Overall design
- Presentation and content – does it inform members?
- What impression does it make on a prospective member?
- Visual appeal, legibility, ease of navigation
- Links to Rotary District and Rotary International Websites
- Does the Website have a Password protected area for members’ information?
In his acceptance speech, Stefan passed the credit for winning the award on to Cyrius Media Group Managing Director Lata Sojka, whose drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail ensured the Website was produced to the right standard to do the Club justice and help raise the profile of Rotary through the Club’s activities.
Congratulations to the entire Club for supporting this important project.